Great looking hair and skin is your destiny.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant improves the texture of flaky skin with a brightening formula of salicylic acid and soothing green tea, which deep dive into pores to unclog dirt and debris. *Hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and dead skin have all left the chat.*
If you’re new to chemical exfoliants, greetings! You’ll definitely want to start off by applying this one or two times a week to take note of your skin’s response. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA, also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by shedding extra layers while *also* unclogging and clearing pores.
Promising review: “Best exfoliant out there! Ditch the scrubs and start using a chemical exfoliant. I just revamped my entire skin care routine and added Paula’s Choice exfoliant to it. I have extremely sensitive and dry skin and often struggle to find skin care products that are effective. When used correctly, this exfoliant helps to rid my skin of the ungodly White Walker looking sheets of skin that fall off my face in the winter without being too harsh on my skin. Plus I swear I have noticed less blackheads on my face!” —Tray and Celia Henderson
Get it from Amazon for $11+ (available in two sizes).
2. E.l.f.’s Poreless Putty Primer grips makeup for all-day wear — simply sweep the velvety-soft formula (that has 20,000+ positive ratings) over skin pre-foundation to smooth out uneven complexions and minimize the appearance of pores.
Thanks to TikTok, this is constantly out of stock. Get this puppy while you can!
Promising review: “Trust me, believe the hype with this primer! I have used a lot of different brands of primers especially the higher end ones and this one seems to take the cake over all of them. It goes on smooth and it’s easy to apply. It covers your pores and makes your face matte for really easy foundation application.” —Courtney
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
3. Elizavecca Collagen Protein Treatment revives and repairs all types of hair that have endured multiple dye jobs, intense heat tools, or sun damage. For your silkiest, shiniest, run-your-fingers-through-with-ease hair!Promising reviews: “This stuff is amazing! I saw this as a beauty recommendation on BuzzFeed as a dupe for Opalex (which I had tried and wasn’t blown away by) so I thought I would give it a try….I’m so thankful I did! My bleached and heat damaged hair feels so soft, is more manageable, and looks healthier after each use. I agree with other reviewers that it seems like a big price tag for the size of the bottle but a little bit does go a long way and it is so worth it. I wish it came in a larger size bottle so I didn’t have to reorder so quickly.” —Carly S. Whitson
“I have 4c hair and was looking for a protein treatment for my thin and fragile hair. I had recently used a product in my hair that had so much alcohol in it that it wreaked havoc on my hair, leaving it pretty damaged. I was very skeptical about this product because I have never seen anyone with my hair type use it. Boy was I wrong to doubt this product, it left my hair looking and feeling beautiful. I highly recommend it to anyone natural or with curly hair.” —Therese-Claire
Get it from Amazon for $7.90.
And check out the full review of the Elizavecca CER-100 collagen protein treatment here (#1).
4. Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask perks up your kisser overnight with an antioxidant-rich formula that intensely hydrates while you sleep. You can thank a berry mix complex featuring vitamin C that slowly releases moisture over eight hours ideal for banishing dull, dry winter lips once and for all.Sephora
Antioxidants from a nutritious blend of raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, goji berries, and blueberries make up the Berry Mix Complex™.
Promising review: “This product has saved my lips. My lips are usually dry and it has been hard to find a product to keep them hydrated and cute. I use this a.m./p.m. and works perfectly.” —Sephora Customer
Get it from Sephora for $22 (available in four shades).
5. Revlon Oil-Absorbing Volcanic Roller Stick tackles 4 p.m. T-zone shine, which means you can give your skin a quick roll with this once your face becomes more reflective than the screen you’ve been staring at all day. A bonus? No white cast leftover from setting powder and no extra makeup tools needed.
Promising review: “This rolling device is like pure magic. You simply roll it around your oily areas and BOOM the oil magically vanishes into the ball, never to be seen again! This is an item that #tiktokmademebuyit for sure! I saw a video on TikTok and immediately went on the hunt only to be disappointed that this item was sold out everywhere! I eventually got added to a waiting list here on Amazon and once they had it in stock again, they charged my card and sent it my way! If you have the chance to purchase this and you have oily skin, get yourself on the waiting list if you need to and just kick it until it shows up. You will be pleased. Thank me later.” —Veronica Cooper
Get it from Amazon for $8.90+ (available in two colors).
6. Korean skincare exfoliating mittens slough away tired, dead skin to reveal visibly (and touchably) softer arms…legs…bums…literally wherever you want to use it!Promising review: “OK, I’ve used those five-finger exfoliating gloves and they’re too rough on my skin. I’ve been searching for something to help take the dead skin off for ages because every time I lotion up after showering, no matter what kind of body scrub or loofah I use, I always get gross skin. This thing did what it promises!! I was so skeptical but the tub photos are proof. I feel so soft and fresh and my skin doesn’t feel raw either. I’m a fan.” —Elizabeth
Get it from Amazon for $8.49 (available in packs of 1 or 2).
7. Mighty Patch hydrocolloid pimple patches work to absorb pus and shrink zits ~head on~. For those who are not out of the maskne woods (me), these are great to prevent picking and, according to one of our editors, are an effective treatment to avoid scarring and hyperpigmentation.
Melanie Aman, an editor on our shopping team, tried these out and says: “These are hands down the best pimple patches I’ve ever used. Why? Because they actually work. I’ve tried some more cutesy patches that were great for Instagram photos but did nothing to shrink my breakouts. And the pimple patches that touted themselves as basically invisible were — but so were any results. While the Hero Cosmetics pimple patches are a little more visible (but really only noticeable if someone was standing really close to my face), the results are clear to see. (And JSYK, they also make an invisible version, but I have not tried it.)
IMO they work best on whiteheads, drawing out the pus and preventing me from picking. Once all the fluids are drained (yum!), I plop a patch on what was once home to a very angry whitehead and replace it twice a day (once in the morning and once at night). In my experience, that has been the best treatment for preventing really noticeable hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, which my skin is really prone to after breakouts.”
Get 72 patches from Amazon for $21.99.
You can take a look at the full review and see what other products the BuzzFeed shopping team are loving for more deets.
8. Live Tinted Hueguard protects your skin when you’re venturing out but don’t have the patience (or energy) to apply multiple products. With mineral SPF 30, this sunscreen and primer hybrid moisturizes and shields skin sans any annoying white cast. And yes, this works for all skin tones to leave your face with a beautiful dewy glow.
P.S. This is formulated with 18% Zinc Oxide. And yes, bbs, it’s clean, vegan, cruelty- and fragrance- free, *and* it’s reef safe!
Live Tinted is a South-Asian woman-owned beauty brand founded by beauty blogger and entrepreneur Deepica Mutyala. Her brand is built around diversity and inclusion with phenomenal multitasking products that address skin concerns like hyperpigmentation. Just peep their top-selling color correcting Huestick.
Promising review: “This has now become my favorite daily sunscreen/moisturizer/primer. They really do mean it when they say ‘no white cast’ and the product doesn’t feel oily/doesn’t block my pores. Love the consistency and that you can travel with it — plus it’s a 3-in-1 so it saves me a lot of time. Highly recommend!” —Ulta Customer
Get it from Ulta or Live Tinted for $32.
9. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Curl-Defining Cream gifts your tresses with a pillowy-soft formula you can comb through towel-dried hair. This = beautifully defined waves and spirals, sans leftover crunch and flyaways.
A bonus? This stuff is free from parabens and provides a sulfate-free haircare system. Translation: This is gentle for use on all curl types and textures to help bump up your hair’s natural strength.
My hair is the ~perfect~ combo of wavy, curly, and frizzy and this drugstore product has been a holy grail of mine for some time. I’ve found that it’s the only formula that will give me soft, naturally curly waves come the a.m. and since I’m generally a nighttime hair washer, I have the perfect excuse to avoid blasting my hair with heat. Before hitting the pillow, I like to run my fingers through my towel-dried hair with a pea-sized amount of this, flip my mane over, and then give the ends a good scrunch. In the morn, my hair appears shiny with defined, wavy curls — we’re not talking HD — but they have a nice, soft definition to them that doesn’t require much styling.
Promising review: “Absolutely love this stuff! It’s the one hair product I have to have. I rotate shampoos and conditioners but have never found anything to put on damp hair that I like as much as this. It says it’s for curls, but works great on straight hair too. I have had super straight to very curly over the years and have loved this on all hair styles.” —Bunco Queen of the Universe
Get it from Amazon for $5.90.
10. A colossal foot file says “buh-bye!” to pricey pedis and reverses crusty feet epidermis back to its OG baby-soft state. If you want to let your hooves see the light of day, this miracle worker will gift future you with brand-new skin that you’ll be proud to parade around.
Promising review: “AMAZING!!! Seriously beyond impressed with this product. I’ve never had dry or cracked heels until recently, and I’ve tried everything I could find to get rid of them. This is all you need!!! I literally opened the box and did this in less than a minute! I’ll never use anything else! Even better than professional pedicures!!!” —Kyla Jackson
Get it from Amazon for $8.95.
11. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Fresh Powder Foundation promises up to 24 hours of transfer- and sweat-resistant wear in a neat compact formula (that was made famous on TikTok!). It covers like a liquid and mattifies like a powder for a smooth, shine-free, flawless complexion — even after a full day of meetings.
Promising review: “I swear, I’m straight shook! I never believe the hype on social media or even makeup in general, but this product lives up to it. It is lightweight and outperforms my expensive concealers and foundation. I did not receive this product as part of a promotion and I am not being paid to make this review, nor do I work in the makeup industry. This is the real deal.” —mmix1423
Get it from Amazon for $9.67+ (available in 20 shades).
12. Girl+Hair Curl Cloud Hair Mask conditions naturally coily and kinky strands to not only redefine the texture of your hair, but redefine the relationship you have with your hair. This 5-in-1 formula treats split ends and tames frizz in 10 quick mins to reveal smooth, silky curls with scalp- and hair-loving oils.Amazon
Girl+Hair is a Black woman-owned haircare biz that specializes in products that care for natural hair and also promote healthy growth while it’s in protective styles, such as hair extensions, crochet braids, wigs, and weaves.
With its whipped up blend of botanical ingredients, such as: pimiento oil (OK, antioxidant), tea tree oil (yes, anti-inflammatory), and castor oil (hellooo, hair growth), this hair mask promotes a healthy scalp and hydrates your hair follicles for touchably softer and more manageable tresses. Not to mention the star ingredients that your curls crave, like olive, coconut, and grape-seed oils.
Promising review: “I’m a natural hair girl! I often struggle with finding a product that helps me manage and keep my hair safe for the next styling. Although I wear protective styles, the in-between time really counts, so this mask is a lifesaver. I love to see the hydration of my natural curls and I feel this product gives them the love they truly deserve! This product has helped me redefine my hair experience. Love it!” —Ashley Jennings
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
13. Elizabeth Mott Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer laughs in the face of oily lids and creases, since its paraben-free formula features a sebum-controlling powder that locks in eyeshadow and liner. Translation: Your before-work selfie will look *just* as flawless as your clocking-out one.
And you’re not going to want to skip out on this step if you’re looking for your pigment to really pop. Plus it’s cruelty-free!
Promising review: “My greasy eyelids swear by this stuff. If I don’t use this before applying my eyeliner, I almost immediately get that lovely crease. But with this magical substance, I can go to work in a warehouse and sweat all day without a worry! Also back when nightclubs were a thing, it always kept my eyeshadow fresh and looking great throughout the madness. PS: I’ve used this product for YEARS!” —Koko
Get it from Amazon for $13.75.
14. Revlon One-Step Hairdryer and Volumizer Brush has taken the title as number one most-wished-for beauty product on Amazon many times — and for good reason. This, the blow-drying brush of your dreams, handles two jobs in one go and cuts your routine in half so you can achieve silky smooth, frizz-free locks in ~30 minutes.Folks, one of my favorite quarantine purchases has to be this godsend from Revlon. I’ve never been much of a blow-dryer — I never had the patience, energy, or the technique for that matter. But then in swoops this two-in-one tool to give my hair the glam of Jackie O in just about 20 minutes. I have relatively thick, wavy, shoulder-length locks and I’ve never enjoyed witnessing a transformation quite like the one I’m able to achieve with this styler. Giving myself a quick, ~salonworthy~ blow out for morning meetings has been my new way to feel a little less disheveled for the day.
Promising reviews: “I have very thick, wavy hair. I can never blow out my hair because it’s too hard to hold the round brush and hair dryer in the right spots. THIS!! It is everything all in one and the oval shape makes it so easy to use. It gets really hot. It is a little loud on high, but I’ve found if my hair is already a little dry then I can just use it on low. I used a blow-dry primer spray to accelerate the drying time and protect my hair. I’m in love! The flat iron always flattens my hair and makes it look dry. This straightens and retains the volume and gives it a soft, non-damaged look.” —SAHM2011
“I have 4c African American kinky-coily hair. This dryer cuts my drying and straightening time to just 20–25 minutes! I part my hair in four sections, apply my heat protectant, and use this dryer and in no time my hair is straightened! This hairdryer is comfortable and practical to use. Highly recommend for Black/AA or textured hair!” —Lisa
Get it from Amazon for $34.88+ (available in two styles).
15. Bio Oil gently treats uneven complexions — along with a myriad of other skin concerns. It’s so effective, more than 100,000 people love it. It’s also noncomedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores and — *jumps for joy* — can be used on the face to eradicate acne scars, too.Psst! Bio-Oil contains retinol, which accelerates skin turnover but can make you more sensitive to the sun — so don’t forget your sunscreen!
Promising review: “I swear by this product. Very effective on discolored skin due to scarring. I had shingles on my face brought about by stress because we were moving. It ravaged the lower right side of my face and I was pretty sure it was going to leave hideous scarring. I bought this and started applying it when I started scabbing and still haven’t stopped using it until now. I had my shingles in April and it’s August now. It works. Scars are now gone.” —twitch
Get it from Amazon for $8.47.
16. L’Oréal 8 Second Wonder Water Lamellar Hair Treatment works like a treat in eight, yes, you read that correctly, EIGHT seconds to transform fine to curly textures. Think: mirror-like shine and softer-than-soft locks in less time than it takes to say “arriverderci to you, frizz!”
Apply this directly to wet hair, avoiding the roots, massage it in for eight seconds, then rinse. Effort required = practically zero. You can use one dose for fine- to medium-textured hair, two to three doses for thick- to curly-textured hair, and add one more dose if you have long hair.
Promising review: “I pretty much don’t use conditioner anymore, I use this instead. I have lost a lot of hair in the past few months going from very thick hair to more normal hair and I find a lot of conditioners weigh my hair down/cause buildup even after taking care to not get it near my roots. You can use a ton of this and it dentagles the hair effortlessly without causing any buildup. It is very watery and runs out fast if you have thick/long hair. But at the same time I feel like it’s easier to distribute through the hair. I’m gonna be on my third bottle.” —Target Customer
Get it from Target for $9.99.
17. Maybelline Great Clear Lash Mascara ups the effectiveness of your routine, since it grooms and separates lashes in preparation for a coat of color, or it can be used alone to build length and define naked lashes. Bonus here: This clear formula can also be used as a pomade to tame frizzy hair and flyaways, or even as a brow gel!
Promising review: “The multitasking mascara! This clear mascara is the only mascara I use. It organizes my eyebrows and eyelashes for the whole day. That way, I don’t have any problems with smudges from colored brow gel or flaking from black mascara — both of which can be hard to get off at the end of the day, along with taking brow hairs or eyelashes with them! The Maybelline Clear Mascara is amazing and is always with me, no matter what continent I’m on. Lastly, it doesn’t make my eyes tear, as other mascaras do, and removes easily with water, in the shower. Altogether a perfect cosmetic!” —Mary T. Graffeo
Get it from Amazon for $3.75.
18. Bawdy Butt Mask redefines the meaning of self-care for le derrière thanks to natural, plant-based ingredients. Future you can slap on some moisture and tone every inch of your booty-ful self, one cheek at a time.
They’re available in four varieties:
* Slap It (pictured; retexturing and detoxifying with caffeine)
* Squeeze It (brightening and rejuvenating with citrus)
* Shake It (firming and illuminating with marine algae)
* Bite It (hydrating and toning with plant-based collagen)
Promising review (for “Bite it”): “I LOVED this mask. I was incredibly skeptical and figured it’d be more of a novelty mask. It’s safe to say my expectations were low. Regardless I was blown away with the outcome. I’m so happy I purchased. As it’s summertime I spend a lot of time in bikinis with my bottom showing, and I just felt like a hydration recharge and a little life added back into my skin. I took a shower and when I got out, I put the mask on and left it on longer than the recommended amount of time. I felt the end result visibly made my skin look hydrated as well as smooth. Not only that but I felt the next morning I could still visibly see the results, so I was extra happy in my bikini that day. I know everyone’s skin and shape is different so results will always vary but I can definitely say this booty mask is no gimmick, and extra kudos to this company for making a booty mask that covers big booties! Also side note: The packaging is adorable.” —CC
Get them from Amazon for $11.
19. Hairbrella’s 100% Waterproof Satin-Lined Cap lessens the burden Mother Nature can take on your tresses, which also means it lessens the burden your hair can take on your life. (Honestly, it’s like this cap has magical powers!) This’ll ensure your just-done look never holds you back again — and rain, snow, and humidity can take a hike since this preserves your ‘do, winter through summer.
Hairbrella is a Black-owned small business established in 2016 that specializes in hats combining fashion and function to protect against all types of weather.
Promising review: “Awesome hat, a must-have for hairdos. I get my hair done often and don’t want to destroy a great hairdo. I have been out in a rainstorm and taken it on the log ride into the splash down, hair stayed nice and dry. Love it so much I fold it up and keep it in my purse! It even has a ponytail pouch hidden in it.” —applekoolaid
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in nine colors).
20. Curie Whipped Body Wash makes traveling with your essentials a breeze since it’s made with a frosty, non-liquid (aka TSA-approved), looks-good-enough-to-eat soap. Now you can pass on the hotel cosmetics and lather this all over your bod, or use it on the areas you choose to shave (since it doubles up as a shaving cream!) for your most moisturizing vacay shower yet.
Curie, Jasmin Sandal/BuzzFeed
I use this gem as a delectable shaving mousse. It’s florally scented — if you like that kinda thing — and helps me achieve a close, super-smooth shave. I personally just love scooping this out of the jar, because it literally feels like a dessert! (I mean…tell me that doesn’t that just look like a dollop of ice cream on my hand!) And it lathers up really well so my legs feel smooth, moisturized, and full of life after each and every use.
Curie is a woman-owned brand that launched a clean, aluminum-free deodorant in 2018, and quickly grew a cult following because it actually works. Since then, they’ve expanded their product selection to include natural hand sanitizers and body oils.
Get it from Curie for $16 (available in three scents).
21. PanOxyl Foaming Face Wash works as both a cleanser to fight present and future breakouts with its 10% benzoyl peroxide formula *and* as a spot treatment (ideal for sensitive skin folk). It powerfully kills off bacteria to prevent new skin bullies from appearing, and deals with those that are currently on the surface by unclogging pores and helping skin shed more effectively.
I have super-sensitive, temperamental skin so using a maximum strength Benzoyl Peroxide as an all-over face wash would just not work for me. HOWEVER, after tapping through some stories and scrolling through some reviews, I discovered that many of those who suffer from bad breakouts, like myself, were using it as a spot treatment. And hey! I gotta say these folks were onto something. I gave this a whirl for a couple of months — used it in conjunction with a mild, all-over facial cleanser — and strictly dotted this on painful, under-the-skin pimples post-cleanse. After applying it each night and allowing it to sit on my skin for no more than two minutes, I noticed a significant decrease in the size of these boulder-like breakouts come the next morning. (If I saw any irritation or dryness, I’d skip a night.) Now, I use this to help clear my skin anytime I feel one of those bullies trying to punch their way through — and, TBH, it really helps to keep things under control!
(Just don’t forget to thoroughly moisturize after each use!)
Promising review: “This product is by far the best solution if you struggle with acne. I have tried millions of cleaners, creams, masks you name it I’ve tried it and nothing works as good as PanOxyl. I currently use the 10% and have since the beginning; I have heard some people experience dryness, howeve, that has never happened with me. I swear by this product and it definitely does not get the hype it should. After one week my face was completely free of breakouts! This product uses benzoyl peroxide instead of other typical acne treatments, like salicylic acid which only removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores. This product works by or penetrating deep with the pores killing the bacteria that causes acne! So while it’s clearing your breakouts it’s preventing new ones from starting. That being said this product does contain peroxide so it will stain any towels or clothing it comes in contact with!” —Carolyn
Get it from Amazon for $9.48.
22. MakeUp Eraser cloths put an end to the use of wasteful wipes since they’re reusable and machine washable. And! It couldn’t be simpler to swipe off foundation and lippie — all you need is this magic wipe and *water*.
Ding ding, bonus here! You’ll even notice a reduction in the amount of breakouts you get once you remove your all-day look.
Promising review: “I’m a drag queen with pretty sensitive skin. I CAKE on the cosmetics to create my illusions, and the cold cream and terrycloth removal method was just not working. My skin would be raw, and I’d have to go through three cloths just to get 90% of my face off, and still have to go to bed with some eyeliner on. Cue MakeUp Eraser. This little puppy made me go from woman back to man in less than two minutes with JUST WATER. I have on full coverage stage foundation, enough powder to choke a horse, 24-hour-wear lipstick, and tons of black eyeshadow with glitter. Buy it! It’s awesome.” —Luke
Get it from Amazon for $18.52+ (available in nine colors).
See why this won as our best mid-priced makeup remover.
23. Arishine Magnetic Lashes save you money *and* time as the MVP of your at-home glam squad — I mean…who likes paying exorbitant salon prices anyway? These are a no-glue-necessary type of deal, which allows you to apply magnetic eyeliner swiftly (OK, wow) that the falsies will immediately latch onto (OK, witchcraft).
You’ll get 10 differing styles of *reusable* lashes to meet your different needs, and two tubes of magnetic eyeliner along with a pair of tweezers!
Promising review: “They look beautiful. I am so impressed with these lashes. This is the first time I have tried magnetic eyelashes and it works so well. I tend to wear them once a week or so. They are all fun and so easy to put on. I have had these for a couple of months and they still work great! I suggest cleaning them after each use with makeup remover like Neutrogena (the one with the oil in it that you have to shake) and they come out beautiful and clean. When putting them on I did discover with trial and error to first put the eyeliner on and then let it dry by doing other makeup or getting dressed. Then after that is set, then put them on. I have small eyes so I found putting them on not too close to the inner corner of the eye can be irritating to me and bothersome when I blink. If I put them a tiny bit away from the inner eye they work beautifully. I would definitely buy these again!” —Holly
Get it from Amazon for $21.99.
24. Or! Grande Cosmetics’ Lash Serum promotes growth if you’re ready to embrace your full, beautiful naked lashes. Reviewers are noticing improvements in length *and* thickness…get ready to bat those peepers!Promising review: “My hairdresser told me about this stuff and said, ‘It works so well I had to stop using it every night.’ I thought to myself, ‘Oh yeah, lashes too long, no such thing,’ but I’m on my second tube and I’m going to start using every other night. My lashes are so long, and it’s like I have a double row of lashes. My bottom lashes are thicker too. I rarely write reviews but wanted to share because it really really works.” —Asc
Get it from Amazon for $36+ (available in three sizes).
25. INH Clip-In Messy Buns trade in a lazy hair day for one that’s totally Instaworthy. Just simply attach this to your updo for *the* definition of a low-effort, high-impact style. And snag a set of two if you’re looking to recreate some fun, festival-ready space buns!INH Hair is a woman-owned small biz based in Los Angeles. They aim to get you the best quality and trendiest styles and boost your confidence. Their buns are made of vegan synthetic fiber from Japan. Make sure to read their tips on styling and care!
Promising review (for the messy bun): “My bun game has gone to a new level! Very easy to apply and the feel is very realistic, it doesn’t feel like a synthetic hair! The color match was to a T. I have quite fine hair so my usual buns look very odd (like a round pot handle vibe) but with the Sammy, I feel so confident and put together. The application was super easy and unlike some of the ponies that make you feel weighted, there was no issues with feeling tightened or restricted on my scalp.” —Jia
Get them from INH Hair: the messy bun for $45 and the space buns for $54 (both available in a variety of colors).
26. Essence Lash Princess Mascara achieves skyscraper, falsie lashes at such a gaspworthy price, 20,000+ reviewers haven’t been able to shut up about it. Yep, this holy grail sculpts lashes at only $5 a tube, which, if you think about it, is less than a fancy coffee order!Kayla Boyd / BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Boyd tried this out and raves: “As someone who isn’t a big fan of false lashes (the glue irritates my eyes and I’m terrible at applying them) this budget-friendly holy grail does the trick for both lengthening and volumizing my lashes. After you’ve given it a minute to dry, it lasts all day long and doesn’t smudge or fade. It seriously gives the effect of false lashes, without the discomfort.”
Promising review: “This is my holy grail, I seriously swear by this mascara. I’ve spent years using Better Than Sex which retails for about $25 a tube. When I came across this and saw the results I immediately forgot about any previous products I’ve used to obtain long volume lashes. If you haven’t tried this yet you need to. A must have in everyone’s makeup collection!” —Samantha
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
For more info and review pics, check out Kayla’s full Essence Lash Princess Mascara review! You can also check out her review of the mascara on TikTok!
27. TO112 Anti-Humectant Spray ensures the precious time you spent creating your lewk does not go to waste. This miracle worker puts the finishing touches on your styled tresses with an ultra-lightweight mist that keeps humidity at bay and fights frizz (AND even keeps styles in place for the next day — hello, lazy person hack).
Jasmin Sandal/BuzzFeed, TO112
I was going to let the picture above just do all the talking, but I think I owe you folks a little context. So, if this pic could talk it would tell you that I used this magical mist post curling my hair with a flat iron *and* after setting it with my go-to drugstore hairspray (what’s neat about this TO112 sealant is that it’s a no-hold spray, so it’s intended to be layered *after* other styling products). I spritzed it all over my hair in sections and even did a hair-commercial-style hair flip to make sure all of my bases were covered. I went about my evening plans, slept with my styled hair, and then woke up with the curls still 👏 in- 👏 -tact (!) — and any flyaways were pretty much smoothed out. I looked in the mirror and thought HOW?! This spray is how — and now I never curl my hair without it.
Promising review: “I was super skeptical of this product. I didn’t understand how it could work or how to use it properly. One night, I straightened my hair and liberally applied the spray to each stand before I straightened it and then once I was done styling, again, I applied the spray liberally all over. I got caught in a downpour of rain. I only had a light sweater to cover my head as I ran to find cover. When I finally escaped the rain, my hair was still pin straight. I now never leave the house without using this product. It holds up even in the Toronto summer humidity!” —Madi
Get it from To112 for $48.
28. Flexible Curling Wands help you achieve bouncy, voluminous curls without consistent heat. When your hair is damp and moisturized, simply wrap strands around each one and let them ~work their magic~ overnight for soft, easy, natural-looking waves.
Just so ya know, they vary in size so you can pick which is best for your hair length!
Promising review: “I have thick 4c hair and I love this set. I usually have the smaller rods at the ends of my hair and have the bigger rods at the top of my hair. My hair came out so curly. It really reminded me of the movie star curls, because it has been such a long time since I have seen my hair curl without having to use heat to it. ” —Marisa Fields-Williams
Get a pack of 42 from Amazon for $13.99.
Learn more in our Tifara Flexible Foam Curling Rod deep dive here.
29. LABeautyologist no-drip cleansing cuffs protect clothes and arms from getting all sudsy and soaked during your 10-step routine. Their ability to keep sleeves and floors dry is enough to leave future you short of breath.LABeautyologist
There are a number of things that bug me in this world, but one thing that consistently grinds my gears is the feeling of soaking wet, sopping sleeves after I’ve cleansed my face. No matter how high I roll them up, water just finds a way to trickle down towards my sleeves. I’ve even resorted to just wearing T-shirts to avoid the problem, but then my arms are still soaked and I still end up leaving a puddle of water behind in the bathroom. Enter: these cozy-soft cuffs. They’re truly adorable, absorb allll the water, dry quickly, *and* they’re machine washable! To me, they’re worth every single penny to avoid a small but totally annoying problem.
LABeautyologist is a small biz owned by beauty guru Nayamka Roberts-Smith. She’s known for creating the 60-second-rule: cleansing with fingers for a minute to allow your cleanser’s ingredients to get to work on your complexion.
Get a set of two from LABeautyologist for $23 (available in five colors)
30. Maxsoft Massaging Shampoo Brush soothes a dry, itchy scalp that’s home to pesky dandruff. How? By a) reinvigorating, b) exfoliating, and c) stimulating the roots to really get that deep, deep clean. Plus, it can also be used to gently detangle any knots!
And! This just happens to be fan favorite among BuzzFeed writers — including myself. I have one of these shower companions, and while I don’t use it every time I get sudsy, I usually run it through my hair after a few days of back-to-back dry shampooing. It really gets in there to clear up any buildup while also feeling like a nice little scalp massage.
Promising review: “I’ve suffered with dry, flaking scalp for about a year now (pretty much started when I was pregnant and hasn’t gone away). I have used tea tree oil shampoo, dandruff shampoo, coconut oil, you name it. I finally read somewhere that exfoliating the scalp might help, but I was hesitant because years ago, I had a shampoo brush and it was very rigid, the bristles were fine and close together, and it made my hair a tangled mess. Anyway, I saw this shampoo brush and it looked a lot more flexible so I thought I’d give it a try and HOLY MOLY my flakes are gone! It’s made out of a silicone-type material and the little ‘bristles’ are flexible but still get the job done. I can literally brush my hair with shampoo in and it doesn’t get tangled. It’s amazing. Not only do I have zero flakes now, I feel like using this does a way better job at working the shampoo in and getting your hair and scalp really clean. I have super thick hair and no matter how much shampoo I use or how long I scrub my hair, I felt like the back, underneath part of my hair would sometimes stay dirty. This brush gets all that.” —Meg R
Get it from Amazon for $6.98+ (available in three colors).
31. Remix Re:Wand Tool stimulates circulation and blood flow to reinvigorate tired-looking skin and give your face a *relaxing* workout. If you’re into gua sha or nah, I guarantee you will not be able to get through a brunch without discussing this…
Jasmin Sandal / BuzzFeed
Remix is a woman-owned beauty and lifestyle brand started by Giselle Wasfie, a lead acupuncturist and doctor in Eastern medicine.
Ok, people, sound the alarms: I am officially a gua sha convert. The idea behind it is that by using a tool to apply a light pressure to your skin, you may help improve circulation, relieve tension, and encourage lymphatic drainage (aka up your blood flow and improve the look of your complexion — who wouldn’t want that?!). So when I was sent this hand-carved beauty, I thought it would be the perfect opp to test out this practice and *finally* level up my skincare routine. And this, my friends, is IT. This tool comes in a sculpted shape that works with the natural curves of your face (see: under eyes, jawline, cheekbones), has multiple ways that it can be used (think: gua sha, reflexology, and acupressure) and just feels amazing as it glides over the skin. I like to keep this crystal-based tool in the fridge for about 20 minutes before I use it in conjunction with a vitamin C serum every morning. Not only have I seen a difference in the appearance of fine lines and puffiness around my eyes and cheeks, but I love being able to carve out a few minutes each day to treat myself to some quiet “me” time. This works in my serums and creams, leaves my face with a refreshed, dewy glow, and preps my skin for makeup application, or, even better, a makeup-free day!
And check out the tutorials on how to get the most of your tool for more info!
Get it from Remix Lifestyle for $80.
32. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream pumps out hydration for your whole bod. This is a fuss-free formula that’s omitted fragrances, dyes, and parabens to take care of eczema and just generally irritated epidermis. Enthusiasts are noting stinging, burning, and itchiness are now a thing of the past!
Promising reviews: “Swear by this stuff for sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin due to rosacea and skin allergies. My dermatologist recommended Vanicream Lite Lotion for my face. It was ok but then I discovered this stuff — the moisturizing cream in the pump. The Vanicream Moisturizing cream is fantastic — my rosacea is so much better since switching to this stuff. It keeps my sensitive skin happy and protected. I even use it during the summer months with no problems. Vanicream made a fantastic product!” —S
“Finally a moisturizer that doesn’t burn sting or irritate my skin. I’ve had supersensitive skin all my life especially on my face and I am 46 years old. I have finally found the one lotion that doesn’t irritate my face. I am day two into using the cleanser and the moisturizer and you have no idea how great it is for my face not to burn and turn bright red just fantastic!!!! The moisturizer is a bit thick so you don’t need a lot; even though it’s a little higher priced it’ll last forever and it’s worth it when you have supersensitive skin. FAN FOR LIFE!!!” —Alisa Griffey
Get it from Amazon for $13.49.
33. Bestool Detangler Brush tells knots and tangles to take a hike with its unique, flexible combs that work to separate 3a to 4c hair — wet *or* dry! Gliding through your tresses without pain or breakage has never been more effortless, so you never have to fear wash day ever again.Promising review: “This was the best purchase ever. I had braids and took them down three months later and if I didn’t have this brush to get the knots and tangles out, I don’t know what I would have done. I swear by this brush. It’s a must have. I have type 3c coil hair if you are wondering, but I recommend it for all hair types if you deal with knots and tangles.” —Monica
Get it from Amazon for $7.29+ (available in five colors).
34. Alleyoop’s Pen Pal sparks joy (and nostalgia) into your otherwise hum-drum routine. This 4-in-1 tool has the ability to create full looks and easy end-of-the-day touch-ups. Plus, it’s *exceptionally* great if you’re trying to cut down on the products you’re carrying around.
Jasmin Sandal / BuzzFeed, Alleyoop
I didn’t realize I’d ever use a makeup product in my 20s that had the ability to transport me back to a piece of stationery I used in sixth grade, but here we are; and here I am using a multitool pen…for my face. I gotta say, I love the concept of the Pen Pal from Alleyoop! After using all of the functions (eyeliner, highlighter, lip liner, eyebrow pencil) and as someone who LOVES makeup but was applying as little as humanly possible during lockdown, I think it’s a great tool for anyone looking to streamline their routine. It’s ideal to use for touch-ups come the end of the work day, or a subtle, minimalist way to apply makeup in the a.m. The brow pencil is particularly soft and pigmented, and filled in my eyebrows quickly. I just adore the ease of application of each product, and appreciate the universal, does-it-all-for-you concept. Plus, it saves me so much room in my already-overflowing makeup bag!
Get it from Alleyoop for $25 (available in three shades).
35. La Pure Gold Collagen Eye Masks make carrying less undereye baggage a reality — and something future you will surely appreciate. These little miracle workers are fab if you’re experiencing some puffiness due to a lack of Zzzs — pat ’em on and forget about them for 20 mins for some cooling and hydrating relief (it’s just a bonus that they brighten, too!).
I decided to put these golden gems to the test after coming off of a red-eye flight with practically no sleep. After cooling them off in the fridge (which is what was suggested on the packet), I applied them to my purpley, puffy eyes, and…w-o-w. Not only did I feel like I was receiving some kind of royal treatment (because, gold), but after 20 minutes, my undereyes appeared brighter and any fine lines that were once lingering had vanished! After wearing these I didn’t feel compelled to apply concealer either, which is usually my go-to to disguise dark circles — and I even felt confident enough to go bare-faced for the rest of the day. Now, I find that I integrate these into my routine anytime I want to de-puff and re-fresh.
Promising review: “I was searching for some really good treatments for my under-eye puffiness and I liked the reviews and ingredient lists for this product.. I have used one set a week for three weeks and have noticed a lot less puffy/dark areas under my eyes. I use them at room temperature and chilled and find that I enjoy them chilled a lot better. They were also very budget friendly, I’ve seen other brands charging a lot more without have as many good reviews. Im looking forward to more improvements as I use the rest of the product.” —Kai Charles
Get a pack of 15 pairs from Amazon for $14.95.
36. Aztec Secret Healing Clay Mask shows surprise breakouts and cystic acne who’s boss. This cult-fave treatment definitely gets you bang for your buck (see uses below), so your skin and mind can rest easy knowing that this ~sucker~ cleared your pores without making a severe dent in your savings.This 100% natural calcium bentonite clay is ideal for facials, body wraps, clay baths, foot soaks, hair masks, and even insect bites!
Promising review: “I bought this as a last hope for cystic acne. I bought a brand of raw apple cider vinegar with the mother to mix with the clay powder because I heard that worked best for people experiencing skin problems. My skin has been a rollercoaster for the past five years. But recently, things have gotten really out of control. This mask had been such a lifesaver. I’m not sure words can describe how impressed I am with this healing clay mask. Since my skin has been through hell and I’ve literally tried everything, it’s pretty resilient so I’ve been using this mask every night for the last four days. It’s not nearly as drying as I thought it would be so that hasn’t been an issue. But the mask has dried up everything and I have no new breakouts. I was so happy that I cried. If I could give this product a million stars, I would!” —Afton StAmour
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in two sizes).
And check out our full review of the Aztec Secret clay mask.
37. And Kitsch Satin Pillowcases take a handle of humidity-induced frizz and keep your precious tresses tangle-free as you catch your beauty rest and dream about a better relationship with your BFF (your hair).Kitsch
Promising review: “This pillowcase has definitely been a game changer! No static, no frizz! My hair…it feels amazing! My favorite pillowcase by far!!! Beautiful colors! Good-quality material! Obviously made with love.” —Customer
Get it from Kitsch for $19 (available in queen or king sizes and in 12 colors and patterns) or from Amazon for $19 (available in queen or king sizes and in 11 colors and patterns).
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides!
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.